Recommended Check-Sheet for Improved Communication and Collaboration
Part of the May 2015 Report of the A&S/RHE Task Force.
Improve Communication (Athens chair, regional liaisons and instructors)
- Update e-mail contact lists for regional and Athens campus faculty.
- Provide Blackboard site for each department with important information.
- Make department forms easily accessible.
- Include a list of important committees, with contact information provided for the committee chair (i.e., curriculum chair).
- Create a system for effective communication of departmental curriculum issues with appropriate regional campus faculty.
- Update the Athens department websites to include regional campus faculty
- Include links to CVs for all faculty.
- Organize the regional campus faculty directories by discipline
- Link disciplines to corresponding Athens department.
Improve Communication about Campus Policies and Procedures
- Identify the appropriate contact person/people for curricular issues (Quick link for each campus).
- Facilitate communication between RHE faculty and department chairs concerning course delivery and instructor needs, as well as achievements or recognition (e.g., Blackboard site).
- Establish bidirectional communication about policies and forms (e.g., faculty clearances, evaluation, follow up).
- Share policies (Promotion / tenure, merit, via P&T-via Blackboard site).
- P&T liaison as a facilitator for key issues at each campus to handle specific issues. - P&T chair.
- Annual communication about P&T progress (ADC and/or P&T chairs will send department chairs in Athens a copy of annual evaluation letters).
- Invite regional campus faculty to faculty development opportunities in Athens (i.e., workshops), and invite Athens faculty to faculty development opportunities on regional campuses.
- Foster research collaborations between regional campus and Athens faculty.
- Improve access to equipment and common labs in Athens for regional campus faculty.
- Course evaluations - Implement Class Climate evaluations on regional campuses.
- Invite Athens department chairs and program directors to RHE retreats.
- Invite regional faculty to Athens annually (conferences/meetings).
- Consider departmental gatherings that include regional and Athens campus faculty.
- Invite regional campus faculty to departmental meetings (considering using Skype/videoconferencing or conference call; vary meeting times).
- Solicit feedback from all faculty for department meeting agenda items (e.g., Blackboard site or email list).
- Disseminate minutes from departmental meetings to all faculty (e.g., Blackboard site or email list).