BIOS Advising and Resource Room—the BARR
Important Note: Biological Sciences Advising and Resource Room—the BARR Peer advisers are available to help students weekdays from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Just send an email requesting help to email@example.com.
- Your peer adviser will send you a link to an appointment for the earliest available time that same day.
The BIOS Advising and Resource Room—called the BARR—is located in Irvine 109 and is open every weekday, Monday through Friday, from 1 p.m. 5 p.m. No appointment is needed and all assistance is free. You can also email brief questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bios Advising and Resource Room (or the BARR) exists to help science students thrive. It was created to assist students in introductory biology and to help first-year students adjust to and learn about Ohio University. It's been expanded to help students of all years and all science-related majors.
The BARR is staffed by upperclass peer advisers who have proven themselves capable in science and beyond. They can help students with:
- Help with science coursework
- Advice on time management and study skills
- Insights into research, internships, and campus jobs
- Peer perspectives on scheduling and advising
- Assistance navigating online resources (from Blackboard to DARS)
- Guidance on connecting with faculty and campus resources
- Information on student organizations
- A chance to discuss future plans with an upperclassman peer who has "been in your shoes"
BARR peer advisers were chosen because they excel in a variety of areas. All advisers have completed at least BIOS 1700, 1710, and 3100, as well as the CHEM 1500 series. Browse advisers' profiles and expertise areas. To contact an adviser in the BARR, email email@example.com.