Psychology Internship Opportunities
Department Internship Coordinator: Dr. Susan Tice-Alicke
Summer 2020 Opportunities
These opportunities pertain to various fields relating to psychology such as cognitive psychology, human resources, social psychology and many more! These and other opportunities are posted on the bulletin board outside of Porter 100 and will be updated throughout spring semester.
UCLA Brain Research Institute: Summer Undergraduate research Experience (BRI-SURE)
- June 2020-August 2020
- Deadline to apply: March 31, 2020
- Description: The UCLA Brain Research Institute (BRI) sponsors summer undergraduate research experience (BRI-SURE) pathway program for students currently participating in the Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC) and other honors research programs whose goal is to increase diversity. BRI-SURE Pathway is an 8-10-week, intensive summer research-training program for exceptional students interested in pursuing research careers in Neuroscience or Physiology.
- To apply: https://grad.ucla.edu/admissions/diversity/summer-programs-for-undergraduate-research-spur/
Camp Ramapo: Camp Counselor
- Mid-June to Mid-August
- Description: Ramapo’s mission is to serve children with a wide range of emotional, behavioral and learning disabilities in a dynamic and stimulating outdoor environment, providing educational and recreational experiences that promote social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth. Are you a hardworking, mature individual with a sincere interest in helping children with special needs? If so, we are looking for conscientious individuals to work as camp counselors and health center staff this summer. Course credit is also available.
- To apply: http://www.ramapoforchildren.org/about-ramapo/employment/summer-staff
Harvard University Judge Baker Children's Center: Summer Treatment Program
- July 8, 2020-Aug.14, 2020
- Description: Paid, six-week internship to work with children with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD).
- To apply: https://campbaker.org/summer-2020-positions/
Ohio State University: The Science of Language and the Language of Science (REU)
- May 18, 2020-July 24, 2020
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 21, 2020
- Description: A 10-week paid summer research program for students interested in language. Interns will work in cutting-edge lab and conduct research with mentorship from OSU faculty members. Interns will also learn to communicate about research and language with professionals and the public.
- To apply: https://u.osu.edu/blnsummer/application-information/
Indiana University: Center for Integrative Study of Animal Behavior (REU)
- May 18, 2020-July 24, 2020
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 15, 2020
- Description: At the Center for Integrative Study of Animal Behavior, students will participate in research guided by a faculty mentor conducting state-of-the-art research in animal behavior. Students will be expected to conduct a study of their own during the 8-week program and be trained in field and laboratory techniques. This internship provides opportunity to learn about careers in the sciences.
- To apply: https://animalbehavior.indiana.edu/research/reu/index.html
Abercrombie & Fitch: Leadership Development Internship Program
- Description: The internships provide a select group of Junior college students the opportunity to experience working at Abercrombie & Fitch for 10 weeks over the summer before they enter their senior year. The programs are structured to allow interns to take on a great deal of responsibility quickly and gain immediate exposure to senior leadership. Internships in our Leadership Development Program are offered in Merchandising, Inventory Management, and Finance.
- To apply: http://www.anfcareers.com/Page/Leadership_Development_Internships
Quicken Loans Internships
- Description: There are several available internships for over the summer including event facilities, hospitality, creative project management, and many more.
- To apply: https://www.myrocketcareer.com/Opportunities/Internships
University of Wisconsin-Madison: Psychology Research Experience Program (PREP)
- June 1 to Aug. 7, 2020
- Deadline to apply: March 1, 2020
- Description: The psychology research experience program is designed for students interested in a career in scientific psychology. Students will engage in mentored laboratory research (approximately 30 hours per week) and a curriculum of scientific instruction, professional development and networking opportunities.
- To apply: https://psych.wisc.edu/psychological-research-experience-program/
T. Rowe Price: Sales & Service Intern
- Description: Apply what you are learning in school while getting paid, hands-on business experience. With ongoing guidance and coaching from your manager and coworkers, you will be immersed in meaningful work, helping our clients while positioning yourself for a successful future.
- To apply: https://troweprice.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/TRowePrice/jobs
Florida International University Summer Treatment Program (STP) Counselor
- June 15 to Aug. 7, 2020
- Deadline to apply: There is no application deadline, however applications are only accepted through Spring 2020.
- Description: Paid internship to work with children with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD), Oppositional-Defiant Disorder (ODD), and other learning and behavioral problems in a Summer Treatment Program.
- To apply: https://ccf.fiu.edu/services/summer-programs/summer-treatment-program/index.html
Boston University Summer Internship Program
- May 28 to Aug. 14, 2020
- Deadline to apply: April 10, 2020
- Description: During the first six weeks of this 12-week program, participants take two academic summer courses chosen from one of eight tracks, earning eight credits. For the final six weeks, students undertake professionally relevant internships at Boston-area businesses and organizations. Participants also enroll in a two-credit Internship Course, which runs through both the academic and internship phases of the program. By the conclusion of the Summer Study Internship Program, students will have earned a total of 10 semester credits?and gained exceptional preparation for their future careers.
- To apply: https://www.bu.edu/summer/summer-study-internship/
Harvard Research Assistant in Dan Gilbert's Lab
- Description: Looking for motivated undergraduates/recent graduates with a keen interest in social psychology. Research experience is an asset but not a necessity. Research relates to topics such as affective forecasting, conversation, and social interaction, the role of shared experience, altruism, advice, judgement, and decision making. Interns work approximately 35 hours a week; this includes study preparation, data collection (in the lab and in the field), statistical analyses, and lab meetings.
- To apply: send a CV, unofficial grade report, a brief cover letter that explains your interest in the program, and your availability between June and August to email@example.com.
Ohio University's Camp Boost Counselor or Teacher's Aide
- July 13 to Aug. 7, 2020
- Deadline to apply: Applications are selected on a first-come, first-serve basis. So apply today!
- Description: The camp program provides treatment tailored to 6- to 12-year-old children's individual behavioral and learning difficulties. There will be additional opportunities for counselors and aides to participate in children?s social skills groups held concomitantly with the parenting workshops. Ohio University Research Credit (PSY 3940) hours may be earned.
- To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Yale Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Eight weeks in June and July
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 1, 2020
- Description: Are you a current undergraduate student considering pursuing a Ph.D.? Each summer the Yale SURF Program brings about 15 qualified undergraduates to Yale for eight weeks to explore what a Ph.D. could offer them. As a SURF program participant, you will:
- Learn about the kind of work you can expect to do in graduate school
- Gain insight into building a career based on Ph.D.-level training
- Become more confident in your academic abilities and potential
- To apply: https://gsas.yale.edu/diversity/prospective-students/summer-undergraduate-research-fellowship-surf
Spelman College Summer Research Assistant in Gender Race and Cultural Empowerment (G.R.A.C.E) Lab
- June 8, 2020-July 17, 2020
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 14, 2020
- Description: Dr. Dickens’ Gender Race and Cultural Empowerment (G.R.A.C.E.) research lab is looking to hire motivated undergraduate summer research assistants to help with psychological research on experiences of stereotyping and discrimination faced by Black women in STEM education.
- To apply: https://spelmancollege.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eFJmkAZ42PQIsPb
Penn State Improving Access Through Research and Training (IMPACT)
- June 1, 2020-July 24, 2020
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 17, 2020
- Description: IMPACT is an immersive, mentored experience to enhance your research skills and develop strong pre-doctoral application materials that lead to admission to graduate school. IMPACT is open to undergraduate students from disadvantaged backgrounds who have completed at least two years of college by June of the program year. Students must be U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals, or legal permanent residents. This is an all-expenses-paid 8-week mentored research opportunity.
- To apply: https://impactprogram.psu.edu/