Women's Fast Pitch Softball
Four bases, three outs, two teams, one winner – that’s OHIO Chillicothe softball. From initial tryouts to championship play, in a minor league stadium, our women’s softball team stands tall. Enjoy a unique level of team spirit and camaraderie as you work together to enjoy the game and represent our university. Start by practicing together in the Shoemaker Center Gym and then work with the team to organize a spring training trip to warmer climates.
All the hard work pays off when you and your teammates don an OHIO Chillicothe softball jersey to play on the same field as the Chillicothe Paints.
Points of Pride:
- OHIO Chillicothe Softball finished the 2019 season first int the ORCC regular season and runner-up in the ORCC tournament.
- OHIO Chillicothe All-Conference 2019: Lexy Cooper, Sadie Fox, Emily Spohn. 2nd Team: Kourtnie Ison. Honorable Mention: Makenzie Barr, Paige Van Meter.
- OHIO Chillicothe ORCC League Most Valuable Player 2019: Lexy Cooper.
- OHIO Chillicothe All-Academic Players 2019: Makenzie Barr, Lexy Cooper, Sadie Fox, Amanda Higley, Mary Howard, and Kurumi Yamada.
- OHIO Chillicothe Softball finished the 2018 season with a 14-11 record and were the 2018 Ohio Regional Conference Tournament Champions for the 2nd year in a row!
- OHIO Chillicothe All-Conference 2018: Lexy Cooper, Sadie Fox, Savana Casto, Mary Howard, and Kourtnie Ison.
- 2018 All Academic Students/Athletes: Makenzie Barr, Lexy Cooper, Sadie Fox, Mary Howard, and Kourtnie Ison.
- OHIO Chillicothe Softball finished the 2017 season with a 21-8 record and finished in 1st placeduring the regular season and 1st place in the season ending ORCC tournament.
- OHIO Chillicothe All-Conference 2017: Kendra Barnes, Lexy Cooper, Mary Howard and Rachel Roque.
- 2017 All Academic Students/Athletes: Kendra Barnes, Makenzie Barr, Lexy Cooper, Sadie Fox, Mary Howard, Danielle Mathews, Jenna Perie, Hannah Selby.
- OHIO Chillicothe Softball finished the 2016 season as the ORCC Conference Regular Season Champion, undefeated in conference play and 17-5 overall, and ORCC Tournament Runner-up.
- ORCC All-Conference Players:
- Paige Bennett, Kendra Barnes, Destinee Blackwell, Brittany Johnston, Kyia Burgin.
- ORCC Conference MVP: Paige Bennett
- 2016 All Academic Students/Athletes: Cheyanne Lightfoot, Kendra Barnes, Brantly Warren, Jessica Harold, Kaleigh Gillum
- Ohio Regional Campus Conference Champions 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Ohio Regional Campus Conference State Tournament Runner-up 2009, 2012.
- Participating in the Lady Hilltopper Softball Clinic at Shoemaker Center.
- Player-designed t-shirts worn proudly by a supportive fan base.
- Supporting our wider community through service activities.
- Future player signing ceremonies, held at your local high school.
- End-of-season OHIO Chillicothe Softball Banquet.
To order your OHIO Chillicothe Softball Spiritwear, please contact George Beck with any questions at 740.649.8804 or email@example.com.
Home Game Information:
We play our home games at VA Memorial Stadium located at 17273 State Route 104 in Chillicothe. Please join us in rooting for the Hilltoppers!
Any prospect (current HS or college transfer) interested in an individual tryout should contact Head Coach, George Beck, at 740.649.8804 (C), or by email firstname.lastname@example.org to make other date/time arrangements. The tryout will occur in the OHIO Chillicothe Shoemaker Center gym and include position specific skills and batting cage work. Your visit will also include a tour of the campus and information on the various academic programs available.
News and Updates:
Additional information, news, and PLAYER SIGNING UPDATES can be found on the Athletic News & Updates page here.
Be a Sponsor!
Show your support for OHIO Chillicothe Softball. Download and complete the Sponsor Form in .PDF format (here[PDF]), and mail it today. Complete instructions, as well as the mailing address, are located in the document.
If you are interested in playing sports at OHIO Chillicothe you must have a minimum of 7 credit hours on the campus and maintain an accumulative GPA of 1.7. For tryouts or more information, please contact the coach or download and complete the Prospective Player Profile Form in .PDF format (here), and mail it today. Complete instructions, as well as the mailing address, are located in the document.
Learn more about OHIO Chillicothe Women's Fast Pitch Softball by watching this short video (here).
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
2020 SEASON INFORMATION
|Head Coach||George Beck|
|Assistant Coach||Mark Cooper|
|Assistant Coach||Christina Hixenbaugh|
|Assistant Coach||John Spohn|
|25||Adams, Kara||1||5' 8"||OF||Circleville||Washington CH||Nursing|
|31||Barr, Makenzie||4||5' 9"||1B/OF||Gallia Academy||Gallipolis||Education|
|8||Cooper, Alexis||4||5' 6"||OF/P||Southeastern||Chillicothe||Education|
|9||Fox, Sadie||4||5' 6"||SS/UT||Meigs County||Middleport||Education|
|21||Freemont, Cassidy||2||6' 0"||1B/OF||Beaver||Business|
|44||Greene, Breanna||1||5' 9"||1B/OF||Beaver||Social Work|
|11||Kowalski, Kayla||2||5' 3"||UT||Carlson||Chillicothe||Business|
|15||Patterson, Haley||1||5' 1"||OF/SS||Jackson||Jackson||Physical Therapy|
|1||Roberts, Cierra||1||5' 1"||2B/SS||River Valley||Bidwell||Education|
|13||Rodgers, Taylor||1||5' 4"||OF||Grove City||Nursing|
|00||Spohn, Emily||2||5' 5"||P/OF||Westland||Galloway||Nursing|
|17||Strausbaugh, Kearra||2||5' 7"||C/OF||Huntington||Chillicothe||Social Work|
2020 Hilltoppers Schedule
|3/4/2020 - 1:00 PM||vs Morehead State (@ VA Stadium)||L 14-0 & L 13-0|
|3/6/2020 - 3/12/2020||Spring Break Training (Pensacola Beach, FL)|
|3/8/2020 - 12:00 PM||@ Bishop State|
|3/11/2020 - 1:00 PM||@ Coastal Alabama East|
|3/14/2020 - 1:00 PM||UC Clermont (VA Stadium)|
|3/15/2020 - 1:00 PM||vs Kent State - Tuscarawas (@ TBA)|
|3/21/2020 - 1:00 PM||Miami Middletown (@ VA Stadium)|
|3/22/2020 - 12:00 PM||@ Ohio Northern Club|
|3/28/2020 - 1:00 PM||@ OHIO Lancaster|
|3/29/2020 - 1:00 PM||@ Sinclair Community College|
|4/4/2020 - 1:00 PM||vs Miami Hamilton (@ TBA)|
|4/5/2020 - 1:00 PM||@ Edison State|
|4/11/2020 - 1:00 PM||@ UC Clermont|
|4/17/2020 - 1:00 PM||@ Kent State - Tuscarawas|
|4/18/2020 - 1:00 PM||@ Miami Middletown|
|4/19/2020 - 1:00 PM||vs Alice Lloyd (@ TBA)|
|4/24/2020 - 5:30 PM||vs OHIO Lancaster (@ VA Stadium)|
|4/25/2020 - 12:00 PM||vs Lorain County (@ TBA)|
|4/26/2020 - 1:00 PM||@ Miami Hamilton|
|5/2/2020 - TBD||ORCC Tournament (@ OHIO Chillicothe)|
|5/3/2020 - TBD||ORCC Tournament (@ OHIO Chillicothe)|
|Head Coach||George Beck||C: 740.649-8804||Shoemaker Center 115 Coaches Office|
|Assistant Coach||Christina Hixenbaugh||T: 740.649.6959|
George Beck, Head Coach
Christina Hixenbaugh, Assistant Coach