The OHIO Chillicothe Student Success Center is pleased to announce that online tutoring is available for our students. Let us help you finish this semester strong!
- “Walk-ins” are available through MICROSOFT TEAMS, M-F, from 12 noon to 3:00 PM: MATH OPEN
- Schedule individualized appointments at: MATH APPT
- Questions? Contact Kimber Lang, Math Center Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Walk-ins” are available through MICROSOFT TEAMS, M-F, from 12 noon to 3:00 PM: WRITING OPEN
- Schedule individualized appointments by emailing: email@example.com
- Questions? Contact Debra Nickles, Writing Center Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Help for Other Classes
- Email email@example.com
The mission of the Ohio University Chillicothe Student Success Center is to create and maintain a welcoming, supportive learning environment for students on campus and to address the immediate academic needs of students - of all levels of proficiency - through individualized peer-to-peer tutoring. These services are developed FREE of charge for all currently enrolled OHIO Chillicothe students.
The Student Success Center can be found adjacent to the Quinn Library, located in the Stevenson Center. The Student Success Center promotes student learning through the following programs:
- Math Center
- Writing Center
- Appointment-based, Academic Tutoring
During the fall and spring semesters, the Math and Writing Centers have staff on hand during university operating hours.
Peer Tutoring - Creating Confidence and Success
Our staff of peer math tutors offers FREE math assistance to students on a walk-in basis. NO APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY. However, appointments may be requested for Individual Tutoring, Small Group Tutoring, Long-term Tutoring and Higher-Level Class Tutoring.
Please bring textbooks and detailed copies of class notes. Computers are available to support online learning platforms. Remember, tutor assistance is to supplement and support your classroom experience, not to substitute for it!
Sign in at the computer station and ask if a tutor is available for your math class. All tutors can assist with Math courses: D003, D004, D005, 1200, and 1300. Tutors are available at select times for Math courses: 1090, 1101/1102, 2301 and 2500. *Please note that not all tutors can help with every math class.
Experience the expertise of our well-prepared and friendly tutors. Our tutors can assist with assignments and help you to understand concepts! Please note that it is against policy for tutors to assist directly with graded assignments, take-home exams and quizzes, Knowledge Checks (ALEKS), Certify (HAWKES), etc…
Whether you are researching, writing a first draft, double-checking citations, or just sitting scratching your head, the Writing Center can help you with your writing projects. Our staff of trained and skilled writing tutors offers individual sessions Monday through Friday.
Contact the Student Success Center to set up an appointment or for walk-in tutoring on a first-come, first-serve basis. In addition, the Student Success Center has (10) PC computers and (2) Mac computers for accessing web sites designed to accompany writing textbooks (when these are on-line and available), as well as useful writing and grammar web sites.
Remember, the Student Success Center also offers:
- MLA /APA Workshops
- Writing Contests
- Publication Opportunities through Glass Enclosures
- Presentations (upon instructor’s request)
- Guides and Helpful Handouts
In accordance with both University codes regarding academic honesty and time-proven learning strategies, the Student Success Center follows these policies:
Students are responsible for their own writing projects. We do not write any part of a student's essay; however, we are happy to discuss effective writing strategies at length.
- Do not proofread or edit student essays. Instead, we help identify individualized patterns of error that can be corrected, helping to strengthen the writer’s strategies beyond the single assignment.
- Do not evaluate or estimate grades. The instructor of record is the only one who can do that.
- Adhere to the Ohio University Student Handbook in terms of defining “cheating,” “academic misconduct,” and “plagiarism”; such dishonesty or deception will not be tolerated.
Appointment-Based, Academic Tutoring
Tutoring in other subject areas (such as Sign Language, Spanish, French, Art History, Women and Gender Studies, History, Political Science, Sociology, and others) can often be arranged. If you are in need of tutoring assistance for a class other than math or writing, please notify your instructor to determine if options are available through the Student Success Center.