Advisory Boards & Committees
Diversity Alumni Advisory Board (DAAB)
The mission of the Diversity Alumni Advisory Board (DAAB) is to provide expert advice to Ohio University leaders, promote the Office for Diversity and Inclusion and secure external support for initiatives under its purview.
Read about how we work toward this mission: DAAB Constitution & Bylaws (PDF)
The Diversity Alumni Advisory Board will serve as informed ambassadors for the Ohio University Office for Diversity and Inclusion with alumni, external granting agencies, individual donors and other organizations that can help enhance diversity on campus.
- Meet three times per year (once in person, twice via conference call)
- Provide advice on DI initiatives
- Provide expertise to enhance future efforts and strategic planning
- Regularly identify potential sources of support for DI in the form of donors, sympathetic foundations or other methods of support
For more information or questions reguarding DAAB, please contact:
Tyrone Carr '03
Major: Higher Education Administration
Director of Interlink Alliance
Special Assistant to the Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion
University Diversity & Inclusion Committee
The University Diversity and Inclusion Committee (UDIC) serves the President, President’s Council, the Office for Diversity and Inclusion and all relevant administrative and academic units in an advisory capacity.
Its broad charge is to initiate, foster, coordinate, evaluate and effectively communicate the diversity and inclusion activities of the University through ongoing and upcoming initiatives and events that support the goal of enhancing the environment for diversity, inclusion and equity across the University.
The UDIC will:
- Actively promote a campus climate of diversity, inclusion and equity;
- Propose and monitor guidelines and priorities for the University's diversity and inclusion activities;
- Assist the Office for Diversity and Inclusion in coordinating diversity efforts across the University;
- Work closely with the Office for Diversity and Inclusion to develop programs and activities that celebrate diversity in co-curricular programs, interdisciplinary activities, lectures, etc.
For more information, visit the Standing Committees - University Diversity and Inclusion Committee website.
Acknowledgment & Reconciliation Committee
As a predominantly and historically white institution, Ohio University takes seriously its responsibility to examine its historical role in perpetuating and enshrining systems of oppression, in addition to acknowledging the ongoing legacies of such systems.
Under the working title “Acknowledgment and Reconciliation," the Division of Diversity and Inclusion is seeking volunteers to serve on a committee, Chaired by Dr. Robin Muhammad, Chair of Faculty Senate and African American Studies Professor to research the University’s relationship to issues such as slavery, racial oppression, and Native land dispossession, as manifested in building names and other visible markers.
The long-term goals for this committee include:
- To develop plans and processes for collecting historical data and draft and disseminate materials documenting Ohio University's historical role in perpetuating systems of oppression.
- To provide recommendations to OHIO's senior leadership regarding how our campus spaces can be modified to best reflect our core value of diversity and inclusion.
Questions? Want to learn more about the committee? Please email email@example.com.