Diversity Leadership Institute
Started in Spring 2019, Ohio University’s Diversity Leadership Institute (DLI) is a one-day program that brings faculty, staff, students, and community members together to explore Our Pathways to Inclusive Excellence.
The institute will provide opportunities for sharing, learning, and planning with the following overall outcomes:
- Prior to the institute, members of Ohio University’s numerous diversity-related committees, offices, organizations, and other groups will share basic information about the status and objectives of their efforts to help attendees identify collaboration opportunities.
- During the institute, participants will be provided opportunities for story sharing in ways that remind attendees that they are not alone in navigating the challenges and triumphs of diversity, equity, and inclusion work across campus.
- Participants will learn strategies for experts. This learning will explore and address specific diversity, equity, and inclusion topics related to an identified theme.
- Participants will be provided with tools for setting diversity-related goals for their respective areas.
- Participants will be given opportunities to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues from across the University that will help them design and launch high impact initiatives.
- Participants will be offered useful diversity and inclusion resources to assist them in creating innovative and timely diversity and inclusion programs that positively impact our campus climate.
Past DLI Events
Thursday, April 16, 2020
Theme: Identifying and Responding to Microaggressions
Guest Speaker: Dr. Derald Wing Sue, Professor of Psychology and Education in the Department of Counseling and Clinical Psychology at TeachersCollege, Columbia University