Global Strategy Engagement Activities
Strategic Framework for Globalization has been presented and discussed among various stakeholders.
OHIO Athens and Regional Campuses
- January 2014: Student Affairs
- February 2014: Center for International Studies, College of Education, College of Arts & Sciences, University Communication & Marketing
- March 2014: Student Senate
- May & June 2014: Deans and Executive Team’s Table
- September 2014: University International Council, College of Arts & Sciences
- October 2014: Regional campuses, International Student Union, Undergraduate Student Senate, Graduate Student Senate, Faculty Senate, Global Studies Faculty Advisory Board
- November 2014: Division Leadership Team
- December 2014: Zanesville Campus, Voinovich School
- January 2015: College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Business, Emeriti Association
- February 2015: Faculty Senate
External Groups and Partners
- March 2014: Rotary Club, Shandong University in China
- April 2014: Chubu University, Malaysian alumni, Deans at UiTM in Malaysia, Ministry of Education in Malaysia
- May 2014: Botswana delegation
- November 2014: Alumni in Japan
- December 2014: InCULT conference in Malaysia, Alumni in Malaysia and Indonesia
- February 2015: Association of International Education Administrators
- April 2015: Ohio International Consortium, International Alumni Reunion
To ensure that the final strategy reflects not only on the broad perspectives of the university community but also on the in-depth opinions, various focus groups were held with faculty, staff, and students on campus.
- March 24, 2015: International Faculty and Staff
- March 24, 2015: International Students
- March 25, 2015: Classified Staff
- March 25, 2015 & April 3, 2015: Administrative Staff
- March 25, 2015: CIS graduate students
- April 6, 2015: Domestic Students
- April 7, 2015: CIS undergraduate students
- April 8, 2015: Domestic Faculty
- April 23, 2015: Domestic Students
A series of seminars was held to understand the global trends on student mobility in higher education and to discuss the opportunities and challenges of OHIO to develop a sustainable recruitment strategy and the infrastructure and programming support. Click here to view the seminar details.
A series of half-day retreats will be held with the Global Strategy Advisors where the participants will help finalize the strategic internationalization plan.
Open forums will be held to discuss the strategic outcomes and the key global programming and initiatives for the next five years to ensure that OHIO achieves its global vision.