Boundless: Study Away Scholarship
The Boundless: Study Away Scholarship for CIS Students can be utilized on a study away experience, including domestic and international study away programs, student exchanges, internships, volunteer opportunities and research. Program must be a minimum of two weeks in length.
Applicant Eligibility (applicant must qualify in all categories)
- Degree-seeking OHIO students.
- Center for International Studies (CIS) students: undergraduate major, minor and certificate students, graduate students or Global Leadership Center students.
- Applicants must have identified their study away experience, even if still in the planning phase.
Application and Personal Essay Instructions
Applications must be completed in one login session. If you log out, your work will not be saved. Have all required information and materials ready before you start an application.
- Personal Essay: Tell us about yourself and describe why you wish to study, intern, volunteer or conduct research away and how the experience fits into your academic work with CIS. What factors led to this decision? What do you hope to gain from and what do you anticipate will be the impact of your experience? What initially inspired you to travel to this particular host location? In addition, describe your proposed study, intern, volunteer, or research experience and what factors led you to select this opportunity and the length of stay on-site. This essay should be double-spaced and one to two pages long. You will be prompted to upload the essay to this application.
- One Reference: You will be required to list one reference in your application. Please download the Boundless Reference Guide and include it in your email to your reference, as it containing helpful information for your reference writer. References should submit letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer 2020, Fall 2020, and Academic Year 2020-2021 Programs: Friday, February 15, 2020 at 11:59pm
- Winter Break, Spring Semester, and Spring Break Programs: October 1 (application to open August/Sept)
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all application materials, including references, are received by the application deadline.