Gilman Incentive Grant
Intended program must meet all eligibility criteria for the Gilman International Scholarship:
- must be 21 days minimum (spent outside of US);
- must be a credit-bearing study abroad or internship experience;
- must take place in a country or area with an overall Travel Advisory Level 1 or 2, according to the U.S. Department of State's Travel Advisory System;
- may take place in multiple destinations.
- Must be an undergraduate, degree-seeking OHIO student applying for participation in a study abroad program for academic credit.
- Must receive the federal Pell Grant at the time of application or provide proof that you will receive the grant at the time of application.
- Applicants must submit a complete‚ Gilman Scholarship application‚ in addition to the following tasks:
- Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria for the Gilman International Scholarship
- By September 29th you must:
- Meet with both the study abroad and financial aid advisors prior to submitting their Gilman applications
- Have their applications certified during the advisor certification period.
Applicants do not need to receive the Gilman scholarship in order to receive the Gilman Incentive Grant. They must, however, participate on the study abroad experience outlined in their Gilman application.
Please note that students may only receive one Gilman Incentive Grant during their undergraduate career at Ohio University.
Please fill in all forms.
Amounts are intended to defray the cost of travel associated with participation on a Gilman-eligible program; awardees will receive up to $1,000.The award will be directly applied to students' OHIO accounts during the term in which the awardee is scheduled to travel.
Application deadline for programs beginning between May 1, 2021 to April 30, 2022. This cycle encompasses Summer 2021, Fall 2021, Academic Year 2021-2022, Winter 2021, and Spring 2022 programs.:
- Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 11:59pm.
Application deadline for programs beginning between January 1, 2021, to December 31, 2021. This cycle encompasses Spring 2021, Summer 2021, Fall 2021, and Academic Year 2021-2022 programs:
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 11:59pm.