Student Break Housing
Break / Temporary Housing
Break / Temporary Housing is designed to house Ohio University students who need temporary housing accommodations during official University break periods. All residence halls will remain open over Thanksgiving and spring break. No reservation is required to stay on campus during these break periods.
Break / Temporary housing is available prior to fall semester move in, during winter break and after spring semester close. Break / Temporary housing charges are added to the student's university account. Meals are at the student's expense as dining halls will not be open.
Who is Eligible for Break / Temporary Housing?
- Any student registered for courses prior to or after the requested break / temporary period and has a binding fall, spring, or summer housing contract.
- Non-Ohio University students cannot reside in break / temporary housing. This includes spouses, partners, etc.
$30 per night or $125 per week or $400 per month. This fee will be automatically charged to your student account after you check out to ensure accurate charges.
A temporary set of linens will be available to request via the application or by emailing email@example.com
Cancellation of reservations must be received at least 72 hours prior to the reservation date. To cancel your reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email confirming your cancellation for your records. If notification of cancellation is not received 72 hours prior to reservation date, your student account may be billed for the original reservation dates.
How do I make a reservation?
- Visit: www.ohio.edu/myhousing
- Select the appropriate application from the 'Applications' Tab
- Answer the questions associated with the application
- Hit submit
- Confirm submission of your break / temporary application by receipt of the email confirmation to your OHIO email account
How to arrive on campus
Please visit Ohio University Transportation Services to make a reservation.
Any questions unrelated to housing please visit www.ohio.edu/global/isfs
Any questions about Break / Temporary Housing, please email email@example.com or call 740-593-4090.
Click Here to Register Online for Break / Temporary Housing through your Housing Self-Service