How to Change
Benefit changes due to a qualified life event must be made within 31 days of the qualifying event date. Elections must be made online using My Personal Information (MPI): Self Service Benefits. Accessing the system will allow you to view your current benefit selections and make changes. Download the MPI: Self Service Benefits User Guide [PDF] for instructions on updating your benefits.
Follow these steps to make changes to your benefits:
- Contact University Human Resources' Employee Service Center (ESC) at 740-593-1636 or email@example.com to initiate a change in your benefits due to a qualifying life event.
- Human Resources will activate your ability to make enrollment changes in MPI: Self Service Benefits.
- Set up the Multi-factor Authentication requirement
- Log in to My Personal Information (MPI)
a. Visit: https://myhr.ohio.edu
b. Click the My Personal Information option.
*You will need your OHIO ID and password to access MPI. This is the same ID and password you use for your Ohio email.
- Select the Self Service Benefits option.
- To make benefit elections and/or add dependents, follow the on-screen instructions or refer to the MPI: Self Service Benefits User Guide [PDF].
- Remember to print or save your confirmation statement
Please Note: You will be required to provide documentation supporting your qualifying life event. For example, for the Marriage life event, you will need to provide a copy of your Marriage Certificate. Visit the Dependent Verification page to view a complete listing of required documents. For more details please refer to the MPI: Self Service Benefits User Guide [PDF].