First, check the OHIO Status Page to determine if an issue has been identified with the service you are using. Second, check other internet sites from your computer to determine if they are slow as well. If so, the issue likely lies with your internet service provider, your home network consumption, or your computer. Recommended steps to help resolve the issue:
- Reboot your computer
- Reboot your home internet router and modem
- Contact your ISP to see if they are experiencing an issue
- Run a home internet speed test.
- Try to limit other high-bandwidth consuming users and devices where possible (streaming services, multiple household members video chatting simultaneously, etc.)
- Pause or reschedule system and software updates until after work hours for things including OS updates, cloud storage file synchronization (OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox), major game system updates, etc.
- Turn off the video camera within Teams or Zoom conference calls if not needed
- Use the call-in number for Teams or Zoom conference calls to limit internet usage
- Reschedule meetings or revert to a chat when a stable internet connection isn’t available
If only OHIO resources are slow and no status update has been posted, please contact the IT Service Desk for help.