Online Student Support
- Getting Started with your Online Courses
- Study Tips for Online Learning
- OHIO University Outdoor Wi-Fi Coverage
- Ohio Wi-Fi Hotspot Locations
- TechReady - All you need to know about OHIO technology all in one place
- Technology Resources - Information about OHIO grants, laptop computer loaner, hotspot loan, and more
Blackboard is OHIO’s learning management system. It is an online service for posting course-related materials and facilitating interactions between students, instructors, teaching assistants, and guests.
Microsoft Teams is a team-based collaboration tool that provides group chat, channeled conversations, instant messaging, live document collaboration, audio or video calls, and meetings.
- How to Access Microsoft Teams
- Joining a Meeting
- Managing Your Audio
- View and Navigate Your Assignments
- Turning in an Assignment
- Starting a Chat
Zoom is a video conferencing tool that provides chat, breakout rooms, polling, and audio or video calls within a meeting.
- Getting Started with Zoom
- Joining a Zoom Meeting
- Testing Your Audio
- Testing Your Video
- Joining a Meeting by Phone
- Sharing Your Screen
VoiceThread is a cloud-based application that allows you to upload, share and discuss documents, presentations, images, audio files and videos. Instructors may use VoiceThread in your Blackboard courses.
Proctortrack allows students to take a proctored exam on their own devices from a location of their choosing, if the feature has been enabled by the instructor in the Blackboard course. A student will need a computer with a webcam and access to a well-lit room.
- Proctortrack Student Guide (PowerPoint)
- ProctorTrack overview (video)
- Student checklist for taking an online proctored exam via ProctorTrack
- Additional OIT information on ProctorTrack
- General computer recommendations
- Device type: laptop or tablet
- Operating system: Windows 10 or Mac OS (supported)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Storage: 250 GB hard drive (solid state recommended over hard disk drive)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD equivalent
- Network adapter: Wireless: 802.11 a/b/g/n (802.11ac recommended)
- Display: 1280 x 768 or greater (Office 365 minimum)
- Webcam: Yes - internal or external
- Microphone: Yes - internal or external (can be found on many standard headphones)
- Physical keyboard: Yes
- Computer recommendation by major: If you're looking to buy a new computer for college, your major may have specific recommendations or requirements for technology. OHIO's Bobcat Depot has technology recommendations based on college and major.