All studies by faculty, students or staff that involve animal subjects are considered animal subjects research by the federal government. These activities are governed by university and federal policies, and all faculty, students and staff must receive approval from the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) before animals can be brought to campus. Laboratory Animal Resources (LAR) is charged with the care of all animals used in teaching and research at Ohio University.
- IACUC Processing Steps [PDF]
- Annual Report Announcement [PDF]
- IACUC Policy Manual [PDF]
- IACUC Resources Guide [PDF]
- IACUC Meeting Schedule
- Grant information for NIH investigators with animal use
- Ohio University's policy on the use of animals for teaching and research
- Ohio University's policy on visiting animal facilities
- Guidance for the Description of Animal Research in Scientific Publications is a free online resource. This publication outlines the information that should be included in scientific papers to ensure that studies can be replicated.
- IACUC Frequently Asked Questions
For more information on teaching and research with animals at Ohio University, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (740)593-2997.
For more information or assistance with protocol development or submission, email email@example.com or call (740)593-0664.