Strategic Plan Planning Process
- Listening sessions with DOSA departments
- Staff/Administrative focus groups
- Student/Faculty open houses
- DOSA all-staff meetings
- Division leadership team retreat
- Compression planning work groups for each breakthrough objective
- Publication of strategic plan
- Formation of breakthrough objective committees
- Regular meetings to move work forward
- "The process should create the culture we want, not necessarily the culture we have."
- "If we are truly going to leverage our collective strength to make a difference, then we need to seek the university community's input and ideas."
- "In the Division of Student Affairs, we don't just do our work for students, we do our work with students."
- "The end result should hit a sweet spot somewhere between a complicated flow chart and a bumper sticker slogan."
- "The sweet spot will be relevant to all and specific to OHIO. It should be a tool to empower staff at all levels."
To guide planning strategies and future implementation, the following planning principles were developed based on feedback from division employees:
- Everyone’s voice in DOSA matters.
- Assessment of our current position is crucial.
- Communication, transparency and marketing are key.
- The process should develop a sense of community and trust.
- The plan should be student centered.
- The plan should define the must-haves.
- The end product should be a living, breathing document that is relevant.
- The end result should hit a sweet spot.
- Committees to put division's strategic plan into motion - June 7, 2018
- DOSA announces new strategic plan - April 10, 2018
- Hall-Jones updates DOSA staff on strategic planning process - March 14, 2018
- New mission, vision, themes advance strategic planning in OHIO's Division of Student Affairs - December 19, 2017
- Student Affairs launches strategic planning website- August 23, 2017
- OHIO, Athens communities invited to Student Affairs strategic planning open houses- July 9, 2017
- Division of Student Affairs embarks on Strategic Planning Process- July 9, 2017